Tuesday 25 January 2011

digital SLR photography

As a student interested in creating digital art, I felt that taking up a hobby in photography would be both beneficial to improving my sense of composition and useful to creating a paper portfolio. I've always been snap happy with the camera on my mobile phone, but I feel that it's about time I owned an SLR camera.

First photo taken with an dSLR ever!
First photo I have ever taken on a dSLR
Today I booked one out of the Media Loans department at my university. It's a Canon 1000D. It's not top of the range, but it has been good fun experimenting with the settings and practicing. Tomorrow I'll be taking it out around Cardiff at the crack of dawn to get some city photos without being bothered or bothering the public.

Meanwhile, I'll drool over a Canon 550D on Amazon which has a HD 1080p movie capturing mode. It's safe to say I want it!



No comments:

Post a Comment