Thursday 8 December 2011

Exciting Times

The pitch for the Design Competitions Project went rather well I thought, though I have yet to receive feedback for this yet.

Scarily, the animators were pitching their Final Major Projects yesterday, and Fin and I decided to go by and pitch an idea for our Final Major Project. I haven't posted much on here about it yet, as it is still several months away and we only have a loose concept to go on. However we know that we want some animated animals and where better to find them than at the animation pitches. 

It went well, I likened our project to "Pokemon meets Sin City" which got a murmur of interest. Fin and I worked all night the night before, putting together a short test to show them as we have in mind a shot, inspired by an sequence in iRobot that will really push us as VFX artists.


This sequence is very very rough, Fin put together the 3D elements and I did the matte painting, compositing and rotoscoping. Again I stress very rough, just one nights work, put together especially for this pitch.


Similar to the Golden Compass, and Pokemon, every character will have a fantasy animal companion. We need CG artists and animators to put together these characters to go with the live action human characters. So far we have had some interesting, this is very exciting times. I can't wait to see what we can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment