Tuesday 15 March 2011

Destroyed City

Lately we have been working on a matte painting for a university project. The assignment title was "Futuristic City" and so I opted to do a post apocalyptic city, inspired by various science fiction movies, such as 28 Days Later and War of the Worlds. The painting started off as a sketch in my sketchbook and transformed into a 4 second image projection with digital camera move. This is the first time I have tried anything like this, and so I was rather happy with the results.

All the photographs were taken by myself on a Canon 1000D dSLR or downloaded as free stock images. Fire footage came from Action Essentials. The images were put together in Photoshop CS5 and developed into a moving sequence in After Effects CS5.

Original Sketch
Photoshop rough drawing
 
Final Matte Painting

Added Camera Shake and Fire Footage


Added Camera Move and Atmospherics

No comments:

Post a Comment