Monday 7 February 2011

Outcasts, BBC1 Monday 9pm

From me there is a giant welcome to the new Science Fiction drama on BBC1 this week. I am an avid lover of the genre and in my opinion there is not enough of it on the TV. With the largest show of its kind being aimed more at children (though I am a massive Doctor Who fan particularly with Moffat at the helm) it is refreshing to see something for us semi-grown ups.

This show got off to a great start. It combined stunning visuals, particularly nice work on the the out of space shots; dark government conspiracies and deep character development. It introduces the citizens of Fort Hope, a settlement of humans who have escaped the destruction of Earth and set up a new home on the planet of Carpathia. But already we see that things aren't all as they should be. There are rebellious factions who want to start new settlements, a government who seemingly spies on their subjects and what exactly did happen to Earth and where did all the other transports go?

Looks exciting to me. I can't wait until the next installment and I can not recommend this enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment