Thursday 6 October 2011

Idea 2 - Comic-book Hero

Today I am going into post overload. I have been out the last few days taking photos and working on storyboards and so have fallen behind on my blogging. First things first, I need to post all my ideas as the wizard sequence is not the only idea I have for this project.


Idea 2: Having spent my entire summer researching comic-books for my dissertation, I decided I wanted to incorporate this into my creative work. This would involve inventing my own comic books character, story and art.



I started off in the usual place, brain storming, but I wanted something a little different. Having developed a better understanding of comic-books, I realised that most were invented during a time of patriotism and heroism. Modern popular media characters, such as Dexter, House, Sylar from Heros, and the Jedi, are less reliant on strength and more famous for their intelligence, attention to detail and putting together pieces of the puzzle. My idea for a modern super hero, is one who can use super intelligence to solve crime. In the guise of a street performer, he can create illusions to blow peoples minds, but never uses his powers for evil.



Above are the brainstorms for characters and potential scenes to be carried out. Below are the initial character sketches for the magician character. 



However for this idea to really be pulled off, the costume needs to be perfect and this will require a budget outside of my financial situation however, this could be a contender for the Final Major Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment