Thursday 10 November 2011

Second Corridor Sequence

As part of my storyboard, I had my hero character creeping down a dark corridor toward an ominous door. The door bursts open revealing whatever that is behind this door, and the character falls back and the sequence ends. This posed a bit of a problem, as obviously I can great still shots of castle doors, and did in fact when I went on my trip to Caerphilly, but footage of one bursting forward is more difficult to get hold of. Because of this (and the reasons I described yesterday) I turned to 3D. At the moment I can not upload any videos to Vimeo, but I thought I'd share some still images from my sequence to show you what I have managed to do.




Obviously this is not the finished article, I am hoping to insert some atmospherics and smoke, possibly some flickering and a light halo from the heroes wand in the foreground. I'm also considering altering the door animation, so that one door flies off, as if something huge and scary has attacked it from behind. This however will be very reliant on time, as rendering this shot was lengthy and there is only one week to go. Panic stations!

No comments:

Post a Comment