Tuesday 17 January 2012

With filming now finished, I'm onto the post production side of things. Much of the work on the matte paintings has been done, though still requires a lot of work.

The shoot underwent a lot of issues. Primarily one of the actors failed to show up to pour costume meeting and so I had to improvise with a bed sheet on the day. This was a real shame as everyone else looked really good in their costumes and he stood out. This however could not be helped and hopefully won't be held against me when my final product is complete.

The shoot took longer than expected, and though the major shots were completed, my camera battery went flat before I could finish, and when recharged my memory card malfunctioned and required formatting. This put an end to my filming.

Unfortunately, due to the business of the studio, it would be impossible to get in there to reshoot with enough time to carry out the post production. I had to book this studio several weeks before Christmas just to get a full day in there!

The footage however is good. I've spent the day working on the planned opening shot, which has keyed and tracked.




The plan is to build the platform the Assassin is sitting on in Maya and track in a matte painting. This video is just a basic ket and track to see how the shot would work.

I aim to have a rough edit uploaded by the end of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment